Senior Audio Technician
|Type of contract||Fixed-term contract until 31 December 2020 which may be extended subject to individual performance and organisational needs|
|Who can apply||Nationals of a European Union country|
|Salary||D band and benefits|
|Working time||Full time|
|Place of work||Frankfurt am Main, Germany|
|Closing date for applications||Wednesday, 6 December 2017|
You will be part of the Premises division in the Directorate General Administration. In your role as Senior Audio Technician, you will be part of the Audio Services Team in the Technical Facility Management section. Our staff is responsible for providing and overseeing all technical facility management services such as the operation and maintenance of the ECB’s premises and technical infrastructure. Audio Services ensures smooth and error-free operation of all audio media systems at the ECB.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As a Senior Audio Technician you will:
- provide and/or operate the audio/media systems and devices required by the ECB for its conferences, meetings and press briefings, etc., which includes monitoring audio/media services for external meetings and press conferences, sometimes involving external companies;
- provide technical support in case of technical problems or malfunctioning of audio and media systems;
- provide input into the development and adaptation of maintenance strategies for audio and media systems to meet the need for high availability of these systems;
- execute and organise repairs and maintenance of audio/media systems and equipment;
- supervise external service providers that support the audio media team in operations and maintenance;
- support technical projects and system adaptations and enhance the existing audio/ media technology provided at the ECB in conference and meeting rooms. This includes participating in acceptance tests, verifying invoices and monitoring warranty periods;
- support inventory management for audio media equipment and organisational, administrative and technical tasks;
- maintain the ECB’s technical documentation management system.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to work with modern installations, use your creativity to solve problems and join a team that has insight into all areas of the bank. You will be part of a welcoming multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- relevant vocational training or a university degree in audio media systems, event equipment and technology or another relevant field;
- at least three years of work experience in the field of operating and maintaining, including the repair of audio/media systems, for example for conferences, press briefings and board meetings;
- an intermediate-level command of English and an intermediate command of German to communicate with local service providers;
- knowledge of German technical standards with regard to audio/media systems and of German legal requirements for audio/media systems. Candidates who don’t have this knowledge would be expected to learn quickly; the ECB is willing support the training;
- knowledge of German technical terminology; the ECB is willing to support German language training to improve it
- work experience with highly available audio/media systems;
- hands-on experience with Yamaha digital audio consoles, Televic and Brähler interpreter systems and Crestron DigitalMedia systems;
- knowledge of basic audio editing;
- a working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- a working knowledge of computer-aided facility management systems (e.g. Planon) or online room booking software.
You are recognised as someone who supports others proactively. You work constantly to improve your own output and you learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. Your strong capacity for analytical thinking enables you to work with incomplete information and you deliver in line with stakeholder needs.
Working as part of a team of senior audio technicians, you will be expected to participate in the divisional on-call duty rota to provide audio and media services, also during non-standard working hours.
You will also be expected to perform your duties at international conferences elsewhere in the European Union.
Application and selection process
The recruitment process for this position may include a Skype interview at the pre-screening stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site written exercise/a presentation and panel interviews.
Find more information under “How you can join us”